SXSW Interactive is a craze of events that make entrepreneurs, techies and geeks feel like it’s Christmas in March. There’s so much to do, see and experience – and so many cool people to meet, it can be a little overwhelming. But fear not, we’ve got you .covered…
Amidst the chaos, we invite you to join us, our partners and some very cool .CO-ers at these awesome events. The list is long, but the events are juicy – so you’ll want to read on!
- Celebrate International Women’s Day with Women Innovate Mobile and hear from speakers including Dell’s Entrepreneur in Residence, Ingrid Vanderveldt, L’Oreal’s Rachel Weiss and Twitter’s Sara Haider. Click here for more information and to register. (Sorry guys, this event is just for the ladies!)
- FoodCrawl.co: Kick off SXSW with an on-the-move, Food Crawl celebrating the most buzzed-about eateries, restaurant, food trailers and local fare in downtown Austin. The schedule is still in the works, but it’s sure to be a delicious one! Register to join the 8,000 other foodies at techies participating in the first SXSW Food Crawl
- Tech.co Authentic Ramen Lunch: Join Tech Cocktail, Keep America Beautiful and the .CO team as we celebrate some of the hottest startups with an upscale, inspired version of the classic startup meal – ramen! Register here for free ramen and beer!
- Blerdology.co #Blackhack: A hackathon for the black tech community at SXSW – Blerdology is bringing together the hacker/designer/founder community to design mobile and web apps for the film and music industry. Network and create at this hackathon which kicks off Saturday evening! For more info click here.
- Get Funky with S.co: Join us at Startup America’s “Celebration of American Startups” at the famous, Austin City Limits Live venue. Some of our .CO VIP’s will be joining us in our lounge area for bites and drinks and the best seats in the house for a live performance by the king of funk, Bootsy Collins. Thirst.co and WahWah.co will be showcasing in booths of their own and Engine.co and Commonbond.co will take the stage – so keep an eye out for them! In addition, thebos.co will be providing some extremely cool photo booth fun.
- SUNDAY FUNDAY! .CO Surprise B-Day Bash at Capital Factory: This is a private event for members of our .COmmunity. .CO-ers at SXSW will be joining us for a surprise birthday bash for our founder, Juan Diego Calle. Meet our founding team, mingle with other .COol .CO-ers! If you’re a .CO-er that hasn’t yet RSVP’ed for delicious food, birthday cake, photo booth fun and (if you didn’t party too hard the night before) drinks – email Shireen@go.co for more info!
- ArtistsHack.co: An artist is more than just a painter. Backplane and Spotify present the Artists Hack, a hackathon dedicated to building the future of music, art, video, collaborative thought during SXSW. Click here to see the full schedule and register!
- Wahwah.co Beer Run: Runners and music fans – don’t miss the Wahwah Beer Run at 6:30pm! Celebrating the launch of their awesome new app, a free personalized radio, the Wahwah Beer Run will highlight for the first time dozens of people running and listening to the same music on their headphone in real time. RSVP here for exercise, great music and free beer!
All along our time in Austin, we’ll be celebrating the #startuplife and sharing our favorite moments of SXSW via Vine.co videos, tweets and pictures. Be sure to share with us your #startuplife moments at #sxsw by tweeting @dotco.
Don’t forget to follow the .CO team on Twitter @dotco – and be sure to say hi to us if you spot us in our orange #startuplife t-shirts!
Now go forth and celebrate the Startuplife!