We just returned from the City of Lights and we couldn’t be more thrilled to tell you all about our experience at LeWeb 2014. As you probably know, we brought along three .CO companies that were chosen out of hundreds of .CO startups that applied for a Membership Program offer to score the opportunity to demo at LeWeb in Paris. Popcord.co, Guides.co and Katana.co were the startups that we were fortunate enough to spend three days with us at the event. In case you missed our earlier blog posts, you can get to know each of them in our COmmunity stories series here.
After setting up shop in our bright orange booth, we got to chatting with a number of LeWeb attendees. We were delighted to find that a great number of those who stopped by our booth were in fact already part of the COmmunity! Many had companies built on .CO domains and others had registered a .CO to build their next idea on. Here are just a few of the .CO-ers we met while in Paris:
- TheAssets.co – A B2B platform that allows any entrepreneur and investor to index or search, sell or purchase business assets around the world.
- Elias Jabbe nearly brought tears to our eyes with his inspirational story about how the Membership Program MOO business card offer helped him land a job.
- Sarah Wood, Co-founder of Unruly.co spoke at LeWeb about video marketing and social video. You can check out her talk at the conference here!
- Andela.co – A global talent accelerator that mentors software developers in Africa and connects them with top employers. Founder Jeremy Johnson also spoke at the conference — you can check it out here.
- TheFamily.co – One evening we found ourselves having drinks at TheFamily HQ in Paris and came to find out that they are on a .CO! TheFamily nurtures entrepreneurs through education, unfair advantages and capital.
In addition to meeting a number of .CO-ers face-to-face, we also took advantage of the opportunity to network with other companies demoing some really excellent products and services at the conference. You can expect some of these relationships to turn into exciting new offers on our Membership Program in 2015!
We’re excited to report that while we were at LeWeb we were able to film another .CO-er video case study like the ones we have here. Not only did we feature Popcord, Guides and Katana, but we were also able to interview the Founder of LeWeb, Loic Le Meur! We can’t wait to share it with you so be sure to stay tuned.